Handy tips: How to hang your pictures and artwork
Hanging a picture accurately and safely can be a tricky job and can often leave unnecessary holes in your walls.
Here are some handy tip to ensure you never hang a picture in the wrong spot again.
·If you are hanging a heavy picture on a plaster wall, it’s best to find a stud where you can securely anchor the wall hook. However, if you don’t have a stud in the position where you want to hang your picture there are plenty of options for anchoring wall hooks into plaster walls, including hollow wall anchors or toggles that expand and spread the pressure when installed.
·If your walls are brick, simply drill a hole with a masonry bit, hammer in a plastic wall plug or some expansion spaghetti and insert the screw.
·If you have timber panelling, a nail, screw or picture hook should do the job.
HOW DO YOU FIND THE WALL STUD?
If you’re planning to hang a large or heavy picture, then chances are you’ll be looking to secure a hanger to a stud. To find wall studs, simply rap your knuckles along the wall until you feel and hear a solid backing. If you’re not sure whether or not there’s a stud where you want to hang your picture, you can use an electronic stud finder to get a more accurate answer.
- pinnaclebuildingdevelopments (19)
- pinnaclebuilding (7)
- firstflooraddition (5)
- pinnaclefamily (5)
- firstflooradditions (3)
- firstflooradditionpinnaclebuildingdevelopments (3)
- duplex (3)
- renovationandadditions (2)
- pinnaclebuildingdevelopmentsfirstflooradditions (2)
- pinnaclebuildingdevelopmentsduplex (1)
- duplex pinnaclebuildingdevelopments (1)
- pinnalcbuildinhgdefectspractical completeion (1)
- pinnaclebuildingdevelopmentsfirstflooradditionshappyclients (1)
- firstflooraddition pinnaclebuildingdevelopments (1)
- pinnacleteam (1)
- pinnaclebuildingdevelopmentsrenovations (1)
- renovation firstflooraddition (1)
- pinnnaclebuildingdevelopmentsrenovationandadditionsduplex (1)
- renovations (1)
- team (1)
- Christmasham (1)
- newbuildpinnaclebuildingdevelopments (1)
Keep up to date with our Newsletter
Enter your details below for news of our projects, our people, expert tips, advice and special offers.
WHY CHOOSE US
Because our top priority is you. We dedicate our time and resources to guarantee that your experience throughout the entire project is fantastic, simultaneously transforming your dreams into a reality. A quality build should be an expectation and not a “Feature”. Your building experience will be remembered long after the price is forgotten!